Ark Academy has at its core the pursuit of the highest standards possible in education. We believe in high aspirations, high motivation and high achievement for all. Through our extended curriculum and community life we seek to meet the needs of the whole person. Civitas - citizenship - is at our core. We will build a community of civic pride and social justice in which all members are equally valued. We are committed to the service of young people and help them play their full part in society.
In light of this we aim to:
- Provide every student with the knowledge, skills, self belief and motivation to be successful in their learning and lives
- Welcome, value and respect all who come to the school
- Build a community based on justice and a sense of personal responsibility
- Provide opportunities for all to experience Civitas whilst developing a spirit of tolerance and understanding for all cultures, traditions and faiths
- Promote dialogue and co-operation with the wider community
Our driving principles are:
Our goal is that all students should be able to access higher education and participate fully in our democratic society.