Nursery Admissions – September 2019
Our nursery provides a friendly, welcoming environment for all our infants from ages 3 and up.
We offer free morning or afternoon sessions, Monday to Friday, for three hours each. Our morning sessions runs from 8:30 – 11:30 and our afternoon sessions are 12:45 – 3:45. Both sessions including milk as a mid-session snack. In total, we have 60 places for 2019, split evenly between the morning and afternoon sessions.
Each class has a maximum of 30 pupils. We are a two form entry school with a part time morning and afternoon Nursery.
- Ark Academy Nursery’s admissions arrangements will be published on our website.
- Ark Academy Nursery will adopt the same oversubscription criteria as the rest of the academy, but no appeal will be allowed against the refusal of a place.
- It is important to note that attendance / enrolment in the nursery will be distinct and separate and have no relevance to attendance in the primary or other sections of the academy for which a separate application will have to be made in accordance with the LA’s co-ordinated admissions arrangements.
- Except that sibling priority will only apply where a sibling already attends the academy nursery or primary school.
- Waiting List – the nursery will keep a waiting list which will be used to fill casual vacancies occurring as a result of an enrolled child leaving during the academic year or withdrawing from a place that has been offered. The list will be compiled in accordance with the Admissions Code so that children will be ranked in line with the academy’s oversubscription criteria.
Applications to our Nursery are not coordinated centrally by the London Borough of Brent School Admissions. Parents will need to apply directly to the school office where you may collect, complete and return an Ark Academy Nursery Application form, alternatively you can email our Admissions Co-ordinator Mrs C Boyle – email@example.com or follow the link below to our website where our application can be accessed.
Please note that a nursery place at Ark Academy does not automatically guarantee a place in our primary school. A separate application for a place in Reception must be made to your local authority, i.e. where you pay your council tax to.
Nursery Applications opens – 1st September 2018
Deadline to apply to Nursery – 22nd March 2019
Please ensure when returning your nursery application that you also include a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of address, please note we will only accept the following as proof of address:
Council Tax Bill
Tenancy Agreement / Mortgage Statement
Bank Statement (dated within the last 3 months)
Please note that attendance in the Nursery does not affect Admissions into Reception Classes. Pupils are allocated part time places in the Nursery according to the above criteria but priority is given to Brent residents. Please either speak to admissions staff or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information on the admissions criteria into our nursery.