Primary Admissions – September 2019
Parents who wish for their child to be admitted into the school for Reception you must apply directly to your Local Authority, i.e. where you pay your council tax, for London Borough of Brent School Admissions, the address is as follows:
Brent School Admissions Team
Brent Civic Centre
Telephone: 020 8937 3110
- The primary school has an agreed PAN of 60 pupils in the Reception year.
- Where the academy is named on a pupils’ Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education and Health Care Plan, that child will be admitted by the academy. If the number of applications for admission to the primary school is greater than the PAN, applications will be considered against the criteria and order set out below. Admission of siblings to the primary are distinct from those to the secondary.
- Looked After Children and children who have been previously looked after (pursuant to the Admissions code).
- Children of staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage – Children of members of staff will have priority in the oversubscription criteria if the staff member is filling a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. Ark Schools is required to approve the Principal’s designation of such posts and confirm the assessment that a member of staff appointed meets the requirements of the shortage. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- In respect of the primary school only, children who at the time of the admission have a sibling who attends the primary school in Reception to Year 6. For this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or –sister or an adopted child resident at the same address. The fact that an applicant has a sibling attending the nursery school will be a factor giving rise to priority.
- Children of staff in the school – Where there is no demonstrable skill shortage, priority may be given where the academy is oversubscribed to a child of a person who will have been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Distance measurement – a child’s home will be the address at which the school normally resides and which has been notified to the academy and other relevant agencies as being the child’s normal place of residence.
- Brent Council measures distance on behalf of Ark Schools; the method that they adopt for measurement and also selection between equal applicants and those living in flats will apply.
- Note: in the case of multiple births or brothers and sisters in the same year group, where there is only on place available, both will be considered together as one application.
For further information regarding admissions for Reception, please follow the link below.
Primary Applications opens – 1st September 2018
Deadline to apply to Reception – 15th January 2019
All new applications must be made directly to the Admissions Team online or at the above address and certainly before the 15th January 2019.
There is no automatic transfer from Nursery to Reception, and you must apply before the closing date.
Ark Academy primary school is a two form entry primary school which offers 60 reception places each year. It is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. If you would like to find out more about the academy, or to visit us, please contact the school on 020 8385 4370, option 3.