Secondary Admissions – September 2019
Please note: The Deadline has now passed to apply for a Year 7 place for September 2019, if you have any queries or questions, please contact your Local Authority, i.e. where you pay your council tax to and they will assist you further.
Places are offered in the following order of priority:
- Children with statements of Special Educational needs.
- Children who are currently in attendance in Ark Academy Primary.
- Children who are in public care.
- Children of Staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage – children of members of staff will have priority in the oversubscription criteria if the staff member is filling a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. ARK Schools is required to approve the Principal’s designation of such posts and confirm the assessment that a member of staff appointed meets the requirements of the shortage. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school in Reception to Year 13 who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister resident at the same address). In the case of twins or brothers and sisters in the same year group, where there is only one place available in the academy, both will be considered together as one application.
- Children of staff in the school – where there is no demonstrable skill shortage, priority may be given where the academy is oversubscribed to a child of a person who will have been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Distance measurement – a child’s home will be the address at which the child normally resides and which has been notified to the Academy and other relevant agencies as being the child’s normal place of residence. 25% of the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school using straight line measurement from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home (Zone A) and 75% of the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to Fawood Children’s Centre (35 Fawood Avenue, Harlesden, London, NW10 8DX) using straight line measurement from the main entrance of the Children’s Centre to the main entrance to the child’s home (Zone B).
- The school keeps a waiting list to fill any casual vacancies arising if pupils leave during the academic year or withdrawn from a place that has been offered.
Ark Academy is an 8 form entry secondary school which offers 120 Year 7 places each year (plus 60 for Ark Academy Primary). It is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. If you would like to find out more about the academy, or to visit our website www.arkacademy.org, please contact the school on 020 8385 4370, option 3.
Application to Ark Academy are made through Brent School Admissions. Parents/Carers are advised to note the following dates for applying:
31st October 2018 – Closing Date to Apply for a Year 7 place for September 2019
1st March 2019 – Secondary Offer Day
15th March 2019 – Deadline to formally accept or decline the offer that was made to your child.