Despite the many changes to the GCSE exams this year with no coursework and more rigorous exams, Ark Academy students performed exceptionally well across the board. Our school’s estimated Progress 8 score is +0.4, demonstrating that students made nearly half a grade more than their peers across the country. The Attainment 8 measure is also very positive with average attainment across the school of 5.1; this is classified as a strong pass.
- Students maintained their impressive outcomes in maths and English: 74% of our students attained a 4+ in English Language or Literature and maths +50% achieved 5+ in both.
- In English 81% achieved 4+ English Literature and 74% in English Language.
- The results were particularly pleasing at the highest grades, a fantastic 51 grades were grade 9 (double last year) 14 of the grades were achieved in Religious Education, 10 in English Literature and Chemistry, 5 in Biology and 3 in Maths. A quarter of all grades are 7+ (the old A*/A grades) and 42.5% were 6+.
- Kamya Mandhar joined Ark Academy in Year 9, she scored the highest grades with a fantastic 9 grade 9’s, 1 grade 8 and an A grade in Additional Maths.
- Students at Ark do well regardless of their prior attainment; with both low and high prior attainers making similar progress +0.4 and 0.47 respectively.
- Oliver and Luke Coutinho: Oliver made the most progress of any student in Year 11. His expected Attainment 8 was 5.1 but his actual Attainment 8 score was a massive 8.3 giving him a progress of +3.2 from starting in Ark Academy. Oliver achieved 1 9, 7 8’s, 1 7 and A grade in Additional Maths. Oliver said he worked really hard and is really happy with his grades. His brother Luke also out performed on his expected grades increasing his attainment 8 from 3.6 to 5.0
- Laiba Aamir came in to get her results a little later as she was donating blood! With shaking hands she revealed 6 grade 9’s, 2 7’s and 2 6’s. She also made fantastic progress with 8.4 attainment (6.1 expected).
- Beheshta Harghandiwal achieved an impressive 5 9’s, 5 8’s and A grade in Additional Maths. Beheshta was visibly shaking as she opened her results but managed to say “Thank you to all my teachers and family for making this possible. I want to remind everyone that anything is possible if you put in the work and discipline yourself.”
- Rares Maglan came to the UK from Romania in 2010 with absolutely no English. He also achieved incredibly well with an overall attainment of 7.5 (4 grade 8’s, 2 7’s and 2 6’s).
- Alexandra Bazavan achieved 3 9’s, 5 8’s, 1 7 and a B in Additional Maths.
- Maria Alaswad achieved 1 9, 4 8’s, A* in Arabic, A in Media Studies, 3 &’s and B grade in Additional Maths
- Joana Hoxa achieved 3 9’s, 4 8’s, 2 7’s and A grade in Additional Maths.
There were many other students with fabulous grades and stories which contributed to 58% of students who achieved 8+ 9-4 grades including English and Maths and 47% (74 students) gained 5+ 9-5 grades including English and Maths.