Ark Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational and co-educational and serves children of all abilities. Applications for admission must be made on Brent Councils’ Common Application Form (CAF). If the school is oversubscribed, priority is given to pupils with statements of special educational needs. Places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children.
- Children of Staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage - children of members of staff will have priority in the oversubscription criteria if the staff member is filling a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. ARK Schools is required to approve the Principal’s designation of such posts and confirm the assessment that a member of staff appointed meets the requirements of the shortage. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister resident at the same address). In the case of twins or brothers and sisters in the same year group, where there is only one place available in the academy, both will be considered together as one application.
- Children of staff in the school – where there is no demonstrable skill shortage, priority may be given where the academy is oversubscribed to a child of a person who will have been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Distance measurement – Priority will be given to those children who live closest to the school.
The academy keeps a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the year, or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
Click here for our Admission Policy 2020-21
Click here for our Admissions Policy 2021-22
Click here for our Admissions Policy 2022-23
When the school is fully subscribed it will provide 1,630 school places, comprising:
- 60 nursery places
- 420 primary places
- 1,150 secondary and sixth form places
Click here for our Secondary prospectus
Click here for our Primary prospectus
How to Apply
Applying to Ark Academy is straightforward as there is no Supplementary Information Form (SIF). Applications must be made on the Brent Council Common Application Form (CAF) through the London Borough of Brent Admissions Service.
You can apply online through the council’s e-admissions page by clicking on the link below:
If you have any questions, please contact our Admissions Officer Mrs Clodagh Boyle at Ark Academy on 020 8385 4370 option 3 or contact her via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable - September 2021 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 or Reception class in September will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2021||19 April 2021|
|Primary||16 April 2021||17 May 2021|
'on-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal. Please click here to lodge an appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the academy.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline might not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
Waiting lists for September 2021 admissions for Reception and Year 7 – Until all offers made have been accepted we are unable to inform parents of their child’s position. This information will only be available from August 2021.All pupils who have applied for Ark Academy will automatically be added to our waiting list. We will contact you via email in May / June to see if you wish to remain or not our waiting lists.
In Year Admissions
Applications made outside the normal admissions round (in-year admissions) should be made directly to the academy. Parents/carers can apply for a place for their child at any time. If more applications are received than there are places available, the oversubscription criteria shall apply.
On receipt of an in-year application, Ark Academy will notify Brent School Admissions of both the application and its outcome, to allow Brent School Admissions to keep up to date with figures on the availability of academy places.