Secondary Admissions – September 2020 - for children born between 1st September 2008 and 31st August 2009
Secondary admission for September 2020 will open on the 1st September 2019, all applications must be made via Brent School Admissions, please follow the link below for details
Please note the deadline to apply for a Year 7 place for September 2020 has now passed, if you have any queries or questions, please contact your Local Authority, i.e. where you pay your council tax and they will assist you.
Places are offered in the following order of priority:
- Children with statements of Special Educational needs.
- Children who are currently in attendance in Ark Academy Primary.
- Children who are in public care.
- Children of Staff at the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage – children of members of staff will have priority in the oversubscription criteria if the staff member is filling a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage. ARK Schools is required to approve the Principal’s designation of such posts and confirm the assessment that a member of staff appointed meets the requirements of the shortage. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school in Reception to Year 13 who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister resident at the same address). In the case of twins or brothers and sisters in the same year group, where there is only one place available in the academy, both will be considered together as one application.
- Children of staff in the school – where there is no demonstrable skill shortage, priority may be given where the academy is oversubscribed to a child of a person who will have been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time the application for admission is made. Priority will be limited to one place for each form of entry in any year.
- Distance measurement – priority will be given to those children who live closest to the school.
- The Local Authority measure distance on behalf of Ark Schools. London Borough of Brent use Ordinance Survey Data and the LLPG (Local Land Property Gazetteer) to calculate straight line distance between the child's home and the school.
- PLEASE NOTE:A child's home will be the address at which the child normally resides and which has been notified to relevant agencies (e.g. the Local Authority) as being the child's normal place of residence. Where a child lives normally during the school week with more than one parent at different addresses, the permanent home address for the purpose of school admissions will be the one where the child spends the majority of school nights Monday - Friday.
- Tie breaker: If Ark Schools is unable to distinguish between applicants using the published oversubscription criteria, places will be offered via a random draw which will be supervised by someone independent of the school.
- In the case of multupile births or siblings in the same year group, where there is only one place available in the school, all will be considered together as one application.
- The school keeps a waiting list to fill any casual vacancies arising if pupils leave during the academic year or withdrawn from a place that has been offered.
Ark Academy is an 8 form entry secondary school which offers 120 Year 7 places each year (plus 60 for Ark Academy Primary). It is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. If you would like to find out more about the academy, or to visit our website www.arkacademy.org, please contact the school on 020 8385 4370, option 3.
Application to Ark Academy are made through Brent School Admissions. Parents/Carers are advised to note the following dates for applying:
31st October 2019 – National closing date for Secondary applications for a Year 7 place for September 2020.
2nd March 2020 – Secondary Offer Day
16th March 2020 – Deadline to formally accept or decline the offer that was made to your child.