At Ark Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. This is more important now than ever.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
If you are concerned about your childs mental health, please come into school and speak to your child’s class teacher. They may refer you to the schools SENDCo- Mrs O’Carroll or Pastoral Support Officer- Mr Devonish.
Below are some useful links to websites that can support your children with their wellbeing and mental health.