COVID-Safe measures in school
Following recent guidance from the goverment, the school is returning to staff wearing mask in communial areas. Children are not required to wear masks. The school continues to be vigilant in our response to any reported cases of COVID and is ready to put additional measures in place to contain any outbreak. A sumamary of measures currently in place is below:
• End of the “bubbles” system - we will not send “bubbles” home in the event of a positive case. Children will not mix outside of year groups indoors except for some cases in the teaching of phonics.
• Assemblies will continue to be over video
• The one-way system on the stairs is still in place
• Toilets are no longer allocated to specific year groups in Key Stage 2. Reception, year 1 and 2 will use the toilets attached to their own classes.
• There is no one-way system for parents at pickup and drop-off. Please use the main primary entrance for entry and exit.
• Breaktimes outside will be for no more than 2 year groups together
• The start and end of the day times will be slightly separated for Key Stage 1 and 2 (see below)
• Enhanced cleaning throughout the day will remain in place
• Ensuring children are taught about good hygiene
• Sanitiser and wipes available throughout the school
Start and End of the School Day
Dropping children off:
All children will enter the gate at the same time. The gate will be opened at 8:20am and closed at 8:30am, after which time children will be marked as “late”.
• Reception, year 1 and 2: Classroom doors will open at 8:25
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: The door to the school will open at 8:20am
Picking Children up:
The gate will open at 3:25pm and be closed at 3:40pm.
• Reception, year 1 and 2: Classroom doors will open at 15:35
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: Children will come to the playground at 15:30
Picking children up – Friday.
We finish at an earlier time on Fridays:
• Reception, year 1 and 2: Classroom doors will open at 15:05
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: Children will come to the playground at 14:55