How the school is re-opening safely
Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope you have had a very enjoyable summer and are ready to return to school. Thank-you to all those of you who attended the online meeting yesterday but in case you missed it, this letter gives you all of the key information that you need to know for your return to school next week.
Please note that school begins next Tuesday 7th September, the gates will be open at 8:20am.
All key information for the start of term is covered below but please get in touch if you have any questions at all.
We are all very much looking forward to seeing all of the children back at school next Tuesday.
COVID-Safe measures in school
Overall, we are not quite “back-to-normal” but some measures will feel more like normal, based on the most recent government guidance. The school has an extensive risk assessment, the key points of which are:
• Masks are not required for children. They will be suggested for staff in crowded indoor spaces
• End of the “bubbles” system - we will not send “bubbles” home in the event of a positive case. Children will not mix outside of year groups indoors except for some cases in the teaching of phonics.
• Assemblies will continue to be over video
• The one-way system on the stairs is still in place
• Toilets are no longer allocated to specific year groups in Key Stage 2. Reception, year 1 and 2 will use the toilets attached to their own classes.
• There is no one-way system for parents at pickup and drop-off. Please use the main primary entrance for entry and exit.
• Breaktimes outside will be for no more than 2 year groups together
• The start and end of the day times will be slightly separated for Key Stage 1 and 2 (see below)
• Enhanced cleaning throughout the day will remain in place
• Ensuring children are taught about good hygiene
• Sanitiser and wipes available throughout the school
Start and End of the School Day
Dropping children off:
All children will enter the gate at the same time. The gate will be opened at 8:20am and closed at 8:30am, after which time children will be marked as “late”.
• Reception, year 1 and 2: Classroom doors will open at 8:25
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: The door to the school will open at 8:20am
Picking Children up:
The gate will open at 3:25pm and be closed at 3:40pm.
• Reception, year 1 and 2: Classroom doors will open at 15:35
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: Children will come to the playground at 15:30
Picking children up – Friday.
We finish at an earlier time on Fridays:
• Reception, year 1 and 2: Classroom doors will open at 15:05
• Years 3, 4, 5 and 6: Children will come to the playground at 14:55
Reception – Start dates.
If you are new to Reception, the children will attend school between 9am and 1pm as part of their induction week, from the 7th to 10th September. From Monday 13th September the children will follow the times above.
Nursery - start dates and timings.
All information has been sent separately and is available on our website. All Nursery children have an induction day between Monday 20th and Wednesday 22nd September. All Nursery children will start from Thursday 23rd September. The timings of the day are below:
• Monday – Thursday: 8:30 – 11:30
• Friday: 8:30 – 11:10
• Monday – Thursday: 12:40 – 3:40
• Friday: 12:25 – 3:05
Key Information – Staffing
The school senior team consists of me, the school Headteacher as well as the Deputy Head, Mr Parkhouse and the Assistant Head and SENCO, Mrs O’Carroll. We can be found around the school at the start and end of every day and are more than happy to help you with any issue, large or small, please come and say hello! Ms Van Der Linden continues to be unwell but we hope to see her back in school later this term.
In addition to the senior team, these Middle Leaders in the school will be happy to help you with any issues that arise in the year group teams that they lead:
Ms Sidhu, leader of Early Years (Reception and Nursery)
Ms Jones, leader of Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2)
Mrs O’Kane, leader of lower Key Stage 2 (years 3 and 4)
Ms Thomas, leader of Upper Key Stage 2 (years 5 and 6)
We also have a number of new staff, these are:
• Mr Austin, year 4 TA
• Ms Bichir, year 1 TA
• Ms Norris, year 4 TA
• Ms Toure, year 4 TA
• Ms Brett, year 1 TA
• Ms Arnell, trainee teacher
• Mrs Henry (Receptionist)
Following a prolonged period of school closure, children’s attendance at school has never been more important. We are aiming for 97% attendance for every child in the school. Please understand that as a school we will be vigilant on attendance, we will need to speak to you in the event of poor attendance and requests for term-time leave are likely to be refused.
If your child is sick, it is essential that you call the school office on 0208 385 4390 or email email@example.com between 7:45 and 9:00am in order to report their absence to us.
Children will only catch up on lost learning if they are in school every day.
All requirements for uniform are on our website here. Please note that jewellery is not allowed and all earrings must be removed wherever possible or covered in the event of a very recent piercing.