Free School Meals
PUPIL PREMIUM / FREE SCHOOL MEALS
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupil establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils' readiness to learn.
Since September 2014, all children in reception class, year 1 & year 2 get a free school meal - regardless of their parents' income. Some children in years 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 may also be eligible for a free school meal if their parents/carers receive support. Please see the list of benefits below.
Why do I need to apply for Free School Meals?
Families should apply if they get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit & have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after the 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax & not including any benefits you get).
If you are on any of the benefits listed above, it is important to still apply as any child registered for Free School Meals may get other help too. Even if your child is in years Reception, year 1 & year 2 (where all children receive a free school dinner) please make an application so that we can claim Pupil Premium for your child.
- For every child registered, the school will get a "Pupil Premium". This means the school gets £1,320 (Primary Schools) and £935 (Secondary Schools) per year for each child registered. This money is to help your child achieve their best in school.
- Applications for Free School Meals / Pupil Premium should be completed and submitted via https://pps.lgfl.org.uk
- Please follow the step by step instructions to check for FSM (Free School Meals)
- Click Check eligibility
- Click on Proceed under Create a new account
- Click on Select a local authority
- Click on Brent
- Click on Select an establishment
- Click on Ark Academy, HA9 9JR
- Click Next
- Tick I have read and understood the Privacy Notice
- Enter in parent/carer's first name
- Enter in parent/carer's last name
- Enter in parent/carer's date of birth
- Enter in parent/carer's National Insurance Number
- Click Submit
- It will then tell you if you are eligible or not for Free School Meals
- If you are eligible for Free School Meals, please email the page confirming you are to Mrs Boyle - email@example.com confirming your child's/children's full name.
- Alternatively, please come to Ark Academy Secondary Reception (Monday - Thursday between the hours of 8am - 4pm) and ask for Mrs Boyle who can complete a form on your behalf with you the parent/carer present. Please ensure you bring your National Insurance Number with you so we can complete the form.
- If for any reason, you are unalbe to attend andy day between Monday - Thursday, please email Mrs Boyle - firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange another date & time for you.
- Alternatively, you can complete the form below, once completed, please return to Mrs Boyle via email.
For Further Information, you may also contact Brent Local Authority by clikcing on the link below